Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bike Tips 101!

I attended a bike clinic tonight put on by our local bike shop, World of Bikes

It was great to have two friendly local bikers give their professional opinion on important things such as what to take with on a ride to maintains on your bike on a day to day basis.

Tips!
1. When your adding grease to your chain always wait a little bit, 5 - 10 minutes and then WIPE OFF THE EXCESS GREASE, never leave excess grease on your chain... WOW, I've been missing out here, I am sure all that grime has formed all over my chain by now.. Oh well off to degreasing it tomorrow..

2. Always, Always, Always wear a helmet, this should literally be a no brainier!

3. You can adjust the derailer on your bike by simply adjusting the little nobby things on the cable (on a road bike) located by your handle bars, also known as the adjusting barrel, go to the left to make it looser and the right to make it tighter..

4. You should always carry a couple things with you on a ride... a extra tube, a bike pump of some sort, a patch kit, some money, and an id. I would also include a cell phone just incase your in desperate need of a ride home.

I also went to a picnic tonight, it was great!! It was great to see so many people there, it was a fantastic tournout!! I played some volleyball in which of course I got a little to competitive but it was all in all a fun time, but I was drenched in sweat, which was good as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home