Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fear - What am I so afraid of..

In my head I ama constantly thinking about what people think of me, it has especially hit me lately since I started taking my personal trianing class and I have to really evaluate my current body situation and how future clients might see me, I constantly am thinking are they thinking I am fat, I am worried about if I am dressed right, if I am wearing the right color socks, if I am doing the right things, am I am saying what they will want to hear, even though I know it is the truth. and the true theme of it all.. what will people think of me, and will those people think I am wrong, will they like me?

Someone shared proverbs 29:25 recently with me, and it says, - "fear of man will prove to be a snare." In my head in these lies, in the darkness I think its easy to think eh, its not the fear of man, I am not really hiding what I believe, but in my head i am choosing now to do something for fear of what others are thinking, and isn't that fear of others? of course!!! I have done some things in my life becuase I am afraid but done it anyway, I never thought I could do a triathlon becuase I thought no one would see me as capable, but I did it to prove people wrong, and loved doing it. I hated going to the gym when i wehged 80 pounds more than what I do now becuase I was afraid of what people would say, and what they would think, I let the fear of man rule my life. And I still do at times.. I let my fears of the future rule and control my thoughts and life.

The full verse - "fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the lord is kept safe" When ISreal was afraid of their enemies- they lost, but whenever they trusted in the Lord - they were safe. In Joshua 1:9 he says "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Am i strong and courageous or am I terrified and controlled by fear of man, fear of things I can not even control, I can't control what they think, I can't control what they feel, I have no control of that! Why am I letting it be a snare to me.

I love what God says in Isaiah 40:31 - "but those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" am I truely trusting in the lord, am I putting my hope in the Lord so that he is my strength.. are you putting your hope in the lord.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! I love all those verses! I was just thinking that prov one right now as I was working on my taxes, :)! Thanks for putting down your thoughts!

~ Dana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home