Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The woman who starts the race is not the same woman who finishes the race.

This is Danskin's motto so to speak, at least for their tri's :) The woman who starts the race is not the same woman who finishes the race, and it has been true for me every Danskin race and every triathlon that I have raced for that factor I have found something new inside of me, realized something new, figured something new out, realized how amazing God is while running or realized how lucky I am to be able to run.

But this post is not about me, one of my friends, if you have been reading my blog, was diagnoised with Cancer, a while ago, and Amber and I both did our Danskin race in honor of her, because she couldn't be there, even though I know she would have loved to be, she wasn't able to.

However, today is her last day of Chemo before she takes a trip to Mayo to get some test results and Amber and I were trying to think of ways to encourage her, and support her in her journey, and Amber came up with the most amazing idea ever!!!

A - Do you think Danskin would send us a finishers medal for Brittney?
L - I dunno but it couldn't hurt to ask, what's the worst thing they could say, no?
A - Yeah, I should send an email, but it would have to get here by Wednesday (it was already Sunday night)
L - Yeah but try it!

So we looked up two addresses on Danskin's website, and we sent it to both, a PR address and a Triathlon website, and on Monday, Amber got a response back! WHAT???

Danskin - we would lOVE to send you a finishers medal and shirt!! - we will fedex it!

WHAT?!?!??! unbelivable!! Not only were they sending us a medal but also a shirt, how sweet, and then we got the package, and we not only got a shirt, and a medal, but they also sent a swim cap!! and a 2007 Danskin Program!! and a In honor of Bib Number thingy!!! HOW AMAZING!!! again I cannot express in words how Danskin rocks my socks off!!!

Although Brittney has not raced a Danskin Triathlon she has raced her own race against cancer, and no matter what, she too is not the same women who started the race! Brittney's charachter and love and patience and determination with everything that she has gone thru has been an amazing thing to watch. Her passion to continue to reach out even if she doesn't feel well still amazes me, and she is an amazing child of God who shows her love to numerous people around her, It is totally my honor and Amber's honor and I am sure Danskin's to give her a Finisher's medal, even though she might not of been able to be there to race with us, she was most defintily there with us in heart! and I am proud to race for her.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...sweet story!

~L

 
At 3:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 2:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home