Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5 Miles!



Last night I ran my first 5 miles ever!!!!!!! - I have to say that it was waaaaaay easier than I ever thought 5 miles would be :) (Did I just say that?)

I never really thought that I would ever be able to run much past 3 miles, infact when I picked out my training plan for my 10K run, I picked a training plan, that would take a long time to get up to 3 miles, that would have plenty of time to get me ready for a 10K, I thought it was the perfect plan!

The one day as I approached the weeks where you hit 3 miles, I realized that shortly after you hit 3 miles, the runs just get longer and longer, and not by like .25 but by like a mile! Mentally I just don't think I was ready to run 4 miles, and so I would so ohh I can't do that week yet, and I would repeat a shorter distance week, and then the 4 mile week would come back.. but then...

I started to run out of time, my tri, as long as all goes well with registration and such, is only like 3 1/2 weeks away???!!!?!? I need to get up to 6 miles before then.. and be able to do it after swimming a mile and biking 25!!

And so last week.. I accomplished 4 miles, it felt pretty amazing, but then 2 days after the 4 miles I had to run 3.. and the 3 was Horrid ( I got overheated waaaaaaaay over heated to quickly) and most of the last part of the run I was thinking.. am I insane! Am I really going to try and run 6 miles after I bike 25??!? my legs will be like Jello, and why am I doing this again and I have a lot of work ahead of me, and not to mention.. I am doing this willingly :) Have I gone insane?

But then... last night I ran 5 miles!! the big 5!! at times it was hard, sure, I am still nursing a knee that is hurting, but it felt pretty good other than that, at times it felt like I was running on air, it felt like if my knee didn't ache I could go for another mile, it even crossed my mind.. but I did it... I did 5!!! It feels soo good, and most of all I felt as though I was perservering, and it remindinded me of somethign I heard earlier in the day from James 1:2-4 - Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

May all your trials of all kinds develop your perserverance!

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! I am so excited for continuing to follow in your footsteps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home