Friday, May 30, 2008

You haven't by chance seen a black bear have you?

I was biking home from working out at CORE the other night, CORE is about 4 miles from our house, so I've grown accustom to biking there, doing some kind of workout, and then biking home :) On this particiular night, I biked to meet some freinds to help weight train, and do some more cardio, and then would bike back home on the bike trail.

As I was leaving core it was around 8:50 almost dark, but since it only takes me 10 minutes to get home from there I figured I would be okay, i was biking along, enjoying my ride, a little darker than I would have liked, but all was well.. and then I came to a part of the trail that is kind of a blind corner going into it, I usually slow down before it because it is usually particuallarly muddy around that area and sometimes water can be on that trail, but this night I slowed down because there were lights on the trail, like headlights, I wondered who they were..

As I came around the coner it was a police car sitting with his headlights on and his spotlight on, looking deep into the woods, I wondered what in the world is he looking for, and then I thought he was going to issue me a ticket for not having a headlight on my bike.. but I slow down, he pulls over a little off the trail I slowly approach his vehichle, and he then asks.. "You Haven't by chance seen a black bear have you?" I looked at him quite odd I am sure, and said umm.. nope.. sorry and continued my ride.. I thought.. what in the world, the entire rest of the ride home I was trying to figure out what he really asked, because he coudln't have possibly asked me If I saw a bear?!? I live in Iowa!

but then Yesterday.. people are telling me there might be a bear in north liberty.. i smiled and said.. ohhh right... and I guess there are articles on it, oh the crazy things you find out while exercising :)

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/NEWS01/80529012/1079

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy! What a story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home