Monday, June 02, 2008

Good Thoughts...

I was cleaning up a work file at work.. and I ran across this file, I remember the day I stared this in 2006, when I was preparing for my first 5K and I needed some motivation to get me started and to that finish line.... I should add to it more often! But they all still ring true to me.. may they all ring true to you too.

I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality and the last part with your heart. – Mike Fanelli

The world is full of discourages. We have a duty to encourage one another. Many a time a word of praise or thanks of appreciation or cheer has kept a person on his feet. - William Barclay

Have faith in people. Believe in them, trust in them, and you will draw out the best in them. They will rise to your expectations. – Unknown

Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it. – Oprah Winfrey

Keep away from people who try to be little your ambitions. Small people do that – but the really great ones make you feel that you too are great! – Mark Twain
I really like this one, because I to often be little my own ambittions and its soo hard when others do it to me... so I love it when others can make me feel that I too can one day be great, and that all my ambitions are worth it, in my own little world :)

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop – Confucius

Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble. – John Treacy

2 Peter 1:5-7 (New International Version)
5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.


I could tell you why I like them all.. but maybe you can just draw your own conclusions :) and find your own mantras to live by :) - leslie

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great thoughts Leslie. Did you do the 6 mile last night as planned? I am going to do mine today, I mapped it out around our neighborhood and don't think i will get lost this time, :)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home