Monday, December 18, 2006

Chondromalacia patellae

Some new vocab for you all!

Chondromalacia patellae is the softening and degeneration of the cartilage underneath the kneecap.. What does this mean?

Last night I opened a letter from my doctor which also included all my doctor notes... more bad news.. how in the world is that possible? I thought man it can't get any worse! I would love to run, I would love to dance, I would love to jump, I would love to bike, I would love to be normal... Instead.. I now also have been diagnoised with a condition called Chondromalacia Patella...

The Bad News.. Chrondromalacia is ususally a permant problem althougth some times non surgical treatmeans can relieve the knee pain in months.. however it is extremly hard to treat.. The reason why Chrondromalacia is usuaally a permant problem is because it affects articular cartilage which heals poorly.

The Treatment - Avoiding high-impact exercises, Using knee tape, a brace or a special patellar-tracking sleeve to keep your kneecap aligned properly, if nonsurgical treatmeans fail to alliveate the pain in 6 months, surgical treatment can be considered.. :(

The Good News --- I have amazing friends who continue to support me, even when I am frustrated.. I never in my dreams thought it would be this challenging to be in an immobalizer, or deal with a condition that may never go away, or may end my triathalons, I can't even hardly imagine thinking of that.. I am continuing relying and knowing that God has my back, he has a plan, he loves me! and he knows my heart and desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home